1.06.2012

20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? My boyfriend, Louie, and I got to go on our first real vacation! We took a roadtrip down hwy 1 from San Fran to San Diego. It was amazing! We also took a surfing class and now can check that off our bucket list!

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? Dealing with pockets of unemployment and learning how to balance life when work hours got more demanding.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Making a Munny for my work (Tippett) holiday party. I really enjoyed working with and creating something with my hands again. This has jump started my desire to get back into sculpting and painting. Thing is.. I always have these intentions, just going to make this the year that I actually do get back into fine art and also hand making more gifts like I used to.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle? Car and money stuff. Should be expected, but always comes as a shock.

5. Pick three words to describe 2010. Quick, Adventurous, and Memorable.

6. Pick three words your significant other would use to describe your 2010 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you). Ha.. Stressful, Sleepy, and Unsocial.

7. Pick three words your significant other would use to describe their 2010 (again, without asking). Adventurous, Memorable and Sleepy.

8. What were the best...

..books you read this year? The last Harry Potter, Hunger Games Trilogy, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

..movies you saw this year? Drive, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (both sweetish and american version), Harry Potter 7.

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships? My boyfriend, Louie, friends and family.

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? Eating healthier and working exercise into my life. Just started this with a cleanse called The Clean Program, turned onto us by a friend.

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? I tried to identify and express my emotions better.

12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? My eyes were more open to seeing beautiful things around me. It's amazing what you can see if you are open to it.

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically? Lost a little weight, would have liked it to be more.. But I feel better and will continue my good habits in 2012.

14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? This is a touchy question for me since I feel like I have been closed off to life outside of my routine lately and really didn't work on my relationships this year. I get so caught up in work and projects I am working on and I push aside my need and want for my friends and these connections. Which doesn't make sense since I love my friends, I love connecting and I love meeting new people. This is something I am going to work on this year. This also goes for at work! It's another resolution of mine to eat at my desk less and go out with the crew more for lunch and after work activities.

15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)? I get paid for bringing characters to life at a studio where everyone does their absolute best and in the end we have done a part in a film that people will see and hopefully enjoy. It really doesn't get better then that! I am always challenged and growing as an artist. Never a dull moment in this life as an animator.

16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)? The most challenging part of my work is the constant need to figure out what would be the best solution for a shot I am animating and most of all ..being able to actually do it.

17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? Reading.

18. What was the best way you used your time this past year? Exercising.

19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? I am realizing that my life will never slow down, so I have to make the time for the things I want to do and the people I want to see.

20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2011 for you. Not enough moments with friends and having fun, but the memories that were made were ones I will never forget and will cherish forever. Lets make even more in 2012!

Bonus: Something I read in an article that will echo in my mind throughout the year..

Set your sights on new experiences, not new things. Experiences, more than material things, are what make humans the happiest. Perhaps rather than creating a wish list that includes new "things" think about setting your heart's desire on new experiences. A backpacking trip. A new yoga class. A massage. A night with the TV turned off, cell phones on mute, laptops closed, playing backgammon with loved ones. Simply sublime.

2012 New Years Resolutions
- Read more.
- Draw more.
- Explore more.
- Spend more time with friends.
- Laugh more.
- Learn something new.
- One thing off bucket list.
- Actually save money.
- Alter things around the home into something I like rather then buying new.
- Pack more lunches.

(If you do these questions, link me to them in the comment box. I would love to hear how your 2011 was and your 2012 resolutions!)

No comments: